Quantitative Microbial Risk Assessment Interdisciplinary Instructional Institute
July 22 - Aug 1, 2016 Michigan State University
Funded by National Institutes of Health
The Quantitative Microbial Risk Assessment Interdisciplinary Instructional Institute (QMRA III) is designed for advanced graduate students, post-doctoral fellows and early-career professionals to assimilate scientific data and implement computer programs towards building a risk assessment for assuring safety and health goals. Participants will gain hands-on experience with risk assessment software and work on real-world case studies. The QMRA III -2016 will be held at Michigan State University.
QMRA III is a 10 day workshop, wherein participants will:
- Attend lectures from top scientists in the QMRA field
- Engage in specific hands-on exercises
- Collaborate within multidisciplinary teams to conduct a QMRA as a research case study under the mentorship of a program faculty member and teaching assistant.
- Use and Contribute to the QMRAwiki knowledge repository QMRAwiki
- Accepting applications: January 15, 2016 until March 30, 2016
- Notice of acceptance will be sent by April 29, 2016
- Registration deadline: May 13, 2016
Dr. Jade Mitchell or Dr. Mark Weir